Albemarle County Fire Rescue responds to residential fire on St. Ives Road

Fire
(© George Sheldon – stock.adobe.com)

Career and volunteer units from Albemarle County Fire Rescue were dispatched to the report of a structural fire in a single family home on the 200 block of St Ives Road at 6.43pm on Friday.

After smelling smoke, a resident of the residence closed the door to the bedroom where the fire had started and quickly evacuated to dial 9-1-1. Closing the bedroom door helped contain the fire until the teams arrived.

The first aircraft arrived on scene less than three minutes after dispatch to experience heavy smoke conditions. Crews were able to quickly source and extinguish the fire, containing it in a single room.

No injuries were reported at the time of the incident. The family of four have been displaced by the fire and live with friends and family.

The fire is being investigated by the Albemarle County Fire Marshal‘s Office. The cause is probably a malfunction of an electrical device.

Albemarle County Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone to have a evacuation plan for your family in place. When you hear your smoke alarm, get out and stay out.

Comments are closed.