Residents of the central coast urged to “clean the shelters”
Residents of the central coast are welcome to adopt pets and help ‘clean the shelters’ over the weekend.
On Saturday, September 18, the community can join Santa Barbara County Animal Shelters for the event. Her goal is to find a home for every homeless animal across the county.
Participating shelters have partnered with television stations owned by NBCUniversal for the Clear the Shelters event. The event will air on KSBY at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Many shelters offer free adoptions throughout the day. The full-day event will run until 4 p.m. on Saturday.
People interested in adopting pets can choose from cats, dogs, rabbits, and other pets. Prospective adopters can visit shelter websites to see what animals are available.
Participating shelters and important details are below:
- Santa Barbara County Animal Service offers free adoptions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a lunch break from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
- The Animal Shelter Assistance Program offers free adoptions from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The shelter says dates are preferred.
- Bunnies Urgency Needing Shelter offers free adoptions for rabbits and guinea pigs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a lunch break from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
- The Santa Barbara Humane Santa Maria Campus offers free adoptions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society & Dawg offers regular priced adoptions from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Meetings are preferred.